Saturday, November 19, 2011

鼓動の秘密 - 東京女子流

Yeah, been listening to the YMCK remix of this song lately and noticed the lyrics were SO SAD so I had to attempt a translation and throw them up here. Japanese.

The Secret of My Pulse [0] - Tokyo Girls Style

With the speed of my pulse [1]
I get closer to you
"So sudden!" I wonder if I'll be able to keep smiling like always
Sunlight shimmering through the trees
It won't leak, right? My little secret

Even if I shout at the top of my lungs
You can't hear it, it won't reach you
Hurry up and realize
It'll be all for nothing
Find the real me

With the depth of my breath
I want to feel you
If I said something like "Well, I like you…" what would the look on your face be?
A thrilling sunset
I can't take the next step. This bit of courage [2]

I want to be with you always, but
I know it's just unrequited love
Somehow I'm expecting it
That feeling like I'm about to cry
Just for right now, look at me

Only to you,
yes, I want to tell you

Even if I shout at the top of my lungs
You can't hear it, it won't reach you
Hurry up and realize
It'll be all for nothing
Find the real me

I want to be with you always, but
I know it's just unrequited love
Somehow I'm expecting it
That feeling like I'm about to cry
Just for right now, look at me

Notes:

[0] Man, so once you decide to translate as in [1], doing the title gets really difficult. "The Secret of the Pulse" seems too abstract. WAIT, ok. I figured out that if you switch the subject from "your" to "my" it all lies flat. Sweet. I had originally had "Through the speed of your pulse, I get closer to you." So much better with "my."
[1] You could translate 鼓動 as 'beat' but given 呼吸 in the second verse, I'd go with the bodily function.
[2] I decided to not keep this parallel to "My little secret" since "My little courage" just sounded...bizarre. If this were not a song lyric I think I would string the parts of that line together to make an actual thought, but I think here you can get away the dangly phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment